Those who choose to listen...

About Me

My photo
I am a mother of one tween and two teens and the wife of a man who I love. I am the follower of a Lord and Savior that is living, real and my everything. I love to spend time with friends, even though I don't do it very often, I love my job and I love going to my kids sports events. I golf with my husband, even though I don't do it well, he is always very patient with me. My life is good, not perfect, but good. I am happy.

Proverbs 17:17

A friend loves at all times.


...but the greatest of these is LOVE

I support Compassion. Sponsor a child today!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

PRAYER


I had a talk with someone today about prayer. We were talking about how sometimes when we've prayed for someone about a certain situation for a long time we sometimes don't know what to pray after praying the same thing for so long. It some how feels stale in a way, I suppose. Then we discussed how praying a prayer of adoration over them seems to be so much easier. Some how when you just take time to thank God for who He is in someones life (or your own life) the words and thoughts just seem to come so much easier. It's easy if you know who God is and if you understand that ALL the promises in His word are for you. Prayer all of a sudden becomes this new and exciting thing that you want to do all the time, sometimes I do it without even really thinking about it. It just seems to become a part of you, God really is that good, He really wants all that is best for you. He is always there whether you feel Him or not. So, if your prayer life feels a little stale or you feel like your prayers are not even 'reaching the ceiling' I encourage you to just take some time out of your day to thank God for who He is in every situation in your life. And watch Him change how you see things.

1 comment: